Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Secrets, Secrets. . .

First a few awesome updates:  

  • My friend and her best guy friend are officially dating now.  I haven't talked to her since it's been official, but seeing as I haven't heard anything bad. . . I'm going with it has worked out.  
  • Apparently the bar I was a bartender at for BaconFest served and went through the most liquor.  We were the most successful bar.  I am not surprised by this at all.  ;) 
  • The snow storm we weren't supposed to get shifted 100 miles and I ended up with 7-9 inches of snow. . . I use a dash because when I left for work this morning it was still snowing and I had 8 inches of snow already on my deck.  
  • I got to see my friend Jared who I haven't seen since 2007!!  He was one of my first friends outside of the girls I lived with in college.  He was definitely my first guy friend.  He lives in Hawaii now and was in town for work.  I wish we would have gotten to catch up more.  

This last weekend I had a Girls Night with my friend Christine, or as AJ pointed out to me "a typical Monday" for me anyway.  I had won tickets to the Symphony and Christine was needing to have a night out.  She's a stay at home Mom, so she was needing to have some drinks.  We ate at the new sushi place downtown and then went to the Civic Center.  This should have been the biggest indicator of how our night was going to go: Our drinks were more than our sushi AND we were pretty much still buzzed when the symphony ended.  

We, of course, decided to have a drink at Cooney's on our way home.  Well my roommate had a date and after dinner they decided to watch a movie, so Christine and I decided to stay for another one at 11pm.  Well. . . pretty much that lasted until close.  Ooops!  Robb texted me at 2:30 and asked where Christine was and I said "Ooh her phone died. . . she just left my house."  

As Christine was telling me she's going to set me up with her brother once his divorce goes through, we start talking about all the bad dates I have been on and weird guys I've dated.  And about how over protective my friend Tim is of me.  Well then she brings up "Boatman".  I've told the story a long time ago on this blog, but he was a friend of my friend Josie and John's.  I didn't necessarily want him to come here and visit, but he persisted and basically that night told me he was in love with me.  

Anyway, she tells me that my friends were all so concerned after we had hung out that night, that they followed me to my place and sat outside all night in case he murdered me.  I was shocked that they instantly went with him murdering me, but I guess Robb and Tim after having alone time with him at some point in the night, just got this really weird vibe about him.  So Jamie, Tim, Robb, and Christine sat outside my place all night to make sure I wasn't going to be axed to death.  I made the comment "Well, after I told him there was never going to be anything, he got really mad at me, and I'm not even sure what time he left in the morning.  He was going to leave right away, but I reminded him that he had been drinking a lot and shouldn't drive back to Chicago."  Well then Christine says "Oh he left about 4-4:30am."  I was like "WHAT??  You guys seriously sat outside all night???"  And she said "Yes, we were really concerned.  The lights kept going on and off too, so we just kept waiting for a scream or for him to drag out a body.  Don't get me wrong, we did pick up a 24 pack and some cigarettes so we weren't just sitting there doing nothing."  I seriously just started laughing uncontrollably.  

I love that my friends were that concerned about my well being.  It also makes me realize that my fears of worrying that my friends won't like who I am dating are pretty founded.  This happened like 5 years ago too.  I can't believe it took that long for me to find out.  It's also both sort of creepy AND completely sweet.  

My Gramps turns 88 on Saturday.  I have had so many good times with that guy.  Granted, he wishes that 7 years ago he wouldn't have made the pact with me to not die until I get married. . . but I'm happy. :) I am soo excited to give him his gift.  He has a thing for the weather gals on a certain TV station here.  So being that I'm good friends with one of their husbands, Megan so nicely got me signed pics of her and of Jeriann.  I put them in a frame and wrapped it up for Gramps.  He is going to be soo surprised.  

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

No comments: