Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rants

I realize that I have been less than positive in my blog. . . but I am irritated with the media and I need to vent. . . specifically I am irritated with Chris Brown.

Chris Brown states he is done apologizing for the incident with Rihanna because he's "in a positive place and a grown up man. And at the end of the day, if he walks around apologizing to everybody, he's going to look like a damn fool."

I was always taught that real men admit their mistakes and own up to them. I don't know about you, but whenever he opens his mouth, it makes ME want to punch him. I understand why so many people were upset that he played at the Grammy's twice. I don't watch the Grammy's as I really can't seem to get into awards shows, but if I did. . . I'm not sure I would watch his performance. He didn't just hit Rihanna once. . . he beat the living shit out of her. If he wasn't a celebrity, he would have had to be in jail. I know because I read court orders every day where someone beat the crap out of someone and had to be in jail for a bit. Ordinary people with no priors.

I think Chris Brown comes out with good music now and then. But will I buy his albums anymore?? No. Why?? He shows no remorse for what he did. I can forgive people who show remorse for their actions. I watch enough Lifetime movies to know that usually, the big beat up was not the first time. It starts with little things. Have you seen the movie with Candace Cameron and Fred Savage??

I've had girlfriends in emotionally abusive relationships and one girlfriend that I couldn't actually prove he hit her but often wondered. They both seemed to bring out the worst in each other. I remember sort of dating a guy who was somewhat verbally abusive to me when he drank (overall he was a huge jerk anyway) but my Dad called and overheard him, and he was not too happy on the other end. But I know, that if any guy ever hit me, and my father knew that, that man would never been seen again. I remember our family friend who is my sister's age telling my Dad some guy had hit her, and my Dad said he would go beat him up.

I'm just saying the Chris Brown is acting like such an arrogant prick that I do not feel sorry for him that people still bring up what happened. Own up to it. A YOU TUBE apology does not cut it. When he accepted his Grammy, he should have said "Thank you for letting me be apart of this day and forgiving me for my past discretions. I am internally grateful and have learned from my past mistakes, and I strive to be a better person." I'm pretty sure people would forgive him then.

I praise Miranda Lambert for having the balls to call him out on it.

No comments: