Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Insert Title Here. . .

I was going to title this "I Wanna Dance With Somebody. . . Somebody Who Loves me" But then I realized everyone who googled this song by Whitney Houston would get my blog and I don't need that kind of pressure!

Not sure if you heard but Whitney Houston died. You haven't?? She did!! It's weird when celebrities die, especially ones where you related to them. . . or their work. I mostly related to Whitney's songs. Like the aforementioned. I remember that video. Just a few weeks ago that song came on the radio and I was dancing like my 7-year-old chubby self. Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind being serenaded to that song? Nope, I'm going back to the guy showing up at my door with his guitar singing "Let My Love Open the Door". I want that to happen. Yes, it's sad, I'm a hopeless romantic who can't find romance. I realize the irony.

My sister and I used to sing Whitney at the top of our lungs. We were not upset that she married Bobby Brown because we loved the song "Every Little Step I Take." I remember Whitney in her prime and in her glory days before "Crack is whack." I had the Whitney Houston piano book of greatest hits, and I played the crap out of it. Oh how I loved the movie The Bodyguard. Which reminds me I haven't seen any interviews with Kevin Costner. . . I wonder if they will have a Whitney Houston marathon movie day soon, too.

I know they haven't determined how she died, but it makes me sad that especially in the last 5 or so years, all these people keep dying from weird drug combinations. Or from drugs in general. Did they just keep it hidden way back then?? I mean besides the Marilyn Monroe cover-up and all. ;) Are drugs that much more prevalent in today's society and social circles? Is the media that much more intrusive that we now are just learning more than we want/need to as nothing is really private anymore it seems with celebrity?

If you've ever watched the movie Less Than Zero or Requiem for a Dream, you know what I'm talking about. Or Basketball Diaries?? Or the movie Traffic. Man, those movies made me never want to do hard drugs. Plus I hate needles and sniffing stuff up my nose, so I guess it's more of a logistics thing that I can't do them?? Anyway, I guess maybe I should just be glad that most of my peer pressure involves drinking in the middle of the week on a "school" night. . .

Anyway, I wasn't expecting to hear the news about Whitney Houston. . .Lindsey Lohan. . . yes. . . but not Whitney.

Happy Valentine's Day! I made my standard high school Valentine's Day treat: Homemade brownies cut into heart shapes. :)

No comments: