Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Somewhere Else

Sorry, I couldn't think of a title and that's the song in my head. It's Toby Keith. It's a great song. :)

Anyway, it's pretty official in my life that I am now "Good Luck Chuck." I found out Friday at Happy Hour, that the guy I dated last year, the guy that was dating me and another girl at the same time and broke up with me, is engaged. To that girl. Granted, I didn't necessarily want to marry him, but still. It's a little dagger. I do want to get married. Just wondering where my Prince Charming is I guess.

All weekend my roommate referred to me as Chuck. We're very nice to each other. I told her yesterday I was thinking that I was going to quit hanging out with her and start hanging out with "ugly" people with no personality so I looked prettier and would stand out. She's pretty and has big boobs, so I think I need to increase my chances of meeting a guy, you know??


But honestly, I don't want to dwell on it. Yes, I'm old, but I want to be happy, too, and not settle. H and I talked about how I could have been married to Boatman if I really wanted to be. And pushed aside my feelings of being happy, really enjoying the other person's company, and not having good conversation. Basically she told me I made a good decision and not pursuing that one. I also brought this up with Robb and Christine on Monday night and Robb said "Oh man, the only thing good about that guy was that he bought us a round of drinks."



Anyway, on to bigger and better things in no particular order! I do use the term "better" very loosely here. . .



I feel that Reese Witherspoon and I would be best friends. I'm totally basing this off of her comment at the MTV Movie Awards which I didn't watch but heard about later. She said exactly what I think about some of the "famous" people nowadays. Plus, we also both apparently find Jake Gyllenhaal attractive.



A few weeks ago, I asked the roommie to mow the lawn when I was back in IL. She did and then one of the neighbors asked me later if I let a kid mow the lawn. I had noticed it was patchy, but sometimes the shade does some weird things. Later that day she made the comment, "Woah, that is a super bad mow job." I guess if I can't get to the lawn, I will pay the neighbor boy $20 to do it. Plus he picks up all the sticks and mulches. What a great kid! I guess he'd be a better kid if he just did it without getting paid, huh?

I hate how at the beginning of May, I thought "Man, my summer is going to be nice and relaxing and I only have one wedding." Yeah, I am trying to find a free weekend now. Booo! I will enjoy every last minute of it though.

I am dying to visit my friend Steph and baby Vinnie, but we kept going back and forth with dates and either I was busy or they were. :( But it made me think. Steph and I have been friends since the age of 3. And Vinnie and Caden are a week apart in age. It's just too funny! That should be my kid not my sister's!

I think it's funny how friendships change over time though. Or how at one time, you were almost inseparable from a person, and now, you don't even know if they still work for the same place or are dating someone but you did a year ago. But I do like how you become expectantly closer to other people, and the highlight of your day is when you hear from them. Like last night when I got a text that said "I hope your popcorn tonight was better than my popcorn at volleyball. It was terrible. . ." An out of the blue and random text yes, but earlier in the day I had told him that I hope he has fun sweating his arse off at volleyball, while I am sitting in the nice luxury of air conditioning and eating popcorn at the bar.

Or how you can be good friends with someone and not talk all that often, but it's like nothing has changed. That's what I love the most about friends. Being good friends and not needing to talk all the time and still knowing you're good. And it's those friends that you always know are there for you and you're never far from their mind. Like when they text you and tell you that they saw someone trip on the street and fall, and it made them think of you.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: