Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself . . .

Life is funny. Especially my life, which I constantly just have to laugh at.

Yesterday, I was having a down day as I have gotten NO response on Match besides rejections if I did get one.

Then I was walking to the restroom in my office building (and I'll admit it, I'm a speed walker) and the heel of my shoe got caught on the hem of my pants which caused me to literally dive onto the ground about 10ft from the bathroom door. Luckily no one saw me, but I'm pretty sure I yelled "FUCK!" I'm also happy I didn't wet my pants as I have a tendency to sit at my desk until the last possible minute.

Now flash forward to 10am this morning. I had just gotten done with my meeting and went to open my car door. And BAM! nothing happened but the force as to which my door did not open, caused me to jam my fingers and subsequently, rip my nail off on my middle finger down to the wick.

Then an hour later, I am walking back into the building for another meeting at my usual fast pace, when my heel gets caught in a crack in the cement and my foot comes flying out of my shoe that is not moving with the rest of my body, scraping my foot. I didn't even realize what happened until my bare foot hit the cold pavement. A guy walking out of the building said "Woah, I thought you had tripped, until I saw you walk back for your shoe!"

I can't wait until this evening! :)

No comments: