Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Word to your Mother . . .

I know I usually don't come on here and talk things up and whatnot. . . oh wait, that's exactly what I do. . . anyways,

My friend, Broph, started a Sunday Funday group. . . and right now, it's a non-alcoholic group mainly because he thinks he's allergic to alcohol. I told him he's being ridiculous, but he swears that if he drinks wheat beers and anything that's not tequila or vodka, he will become sick after like 2 drinks. I am not sure if I believe or if he has become a pansy, but. . . I will not test this. He's been saving his alcohol consumption for Friday and Saturdays so he has time to recover. I mean, Kattie and I go and get Mexican and Margaritas afterwards, but for the most part it's just Kattie and I.

Anyway, 2 Sundays ago, we went to the movie Brooklyn's Finest. And I know what you're thinking "The movie that looked like Training Day 2?" Yes. That movie. Starring Richard Gere, Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke, and Wesley Snipes. And it was. . . HORRIBLE. Worst movie I have ever seen coupled with the worst ending a movie could ever have. I would only recommend watching it if it's on TBS and it plays 3 times in a row. Broph liked it, but I think it's because he quit drinking like he used to.

But last Sunday we went and saw "She's Out of My League". HILARIOUS!! I mean, I really had no expectations from this movie besides the previews were funny and I hoped to God that those were not the only funny spots in the movie. I was wrong. I snorted FIVE times. And one time, I took a drink at a bad time and almost spit it out. It was that funny. I highly recommend it. It definitely reminded me of a Judd Apatow movie. Kattie said it was probably the funniest movie she'd seen in a long time.

I really have nothing else. I'm boring. I missed my first St Patty's Day in Chicago in 8 years. 8 YEARS. I did drink for 12 hours on Friday, so I'm thinking it was sort of a toss up on that. :) I had to watch IL play in the Big 10 Tourney and then I went to Dashboard Confessional which Broph splurged for us to have VIP so we could sit and have table service, so definitely worth it. And they are a great live band.

Happy Tuesday peeps!

No comments: