Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

It's weird to think that it's 2010 now. Do you say "twenty-ten" or "two thousand ten"?? I say "twenty-ten" and I don't know why. I didn't say "twenty-nine" that would have just been silly!!

I was reflecting back on the past year and while I know it was filled with one of the most depressing moments of my life, it also had some really good times. And I guess most of the times I look back on that were happy, and I cherish the most are the ones that I spent with Josie. I can never get those back now or recreate them, but I wouldn't change anything. This leads directly into my resolutions.

I always try to come up with catch phrases for my New Year's Resolutions like last year was "Living Fine in '09" or "Make everything great in '08". I can't remember what '07s was but I also can't think of anything that rhymes with seven. Anywho. . .

My new slogan is "Doing the best I can in 2010!" But now I'm thinking that it should be "Doing all I can in 2010!" We'll see. It's up for debate now. I know it sounds vague, but this is how I can going to do the best or all I can in 2010.
  • I am going to live each day to it's fullest.
  • I will take time to enjoy the finer things in life.
  • I will take more chances in life, do things that I wouldn't normally do. Like if my friend calls me at 9pm and asks me to go grab a drink and I'm already in bed, I'm going to meet them for 1. . . in my PJs.
  • I will call my college friends more.
  • I'm going to start writing more letters.
  • I'm going to read at least one book a month.
  • I'm going to remember what it's like to love again. Love myself and love others and not stop myself from falling in love.
  • I'm not going to look at the past with regret but look to the future with hope and move on.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Oh and on New Year's Day I went and saw the movie Brothers that my little cousin is in and she did a spectacular job! I'm also really jealous that she and her mom got to hang out with Jake Gyllenhaal!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, cuz! I'm here to support you in all you do. I read Dr. Oz's column on Huffpost and I like what he recommends as resolutions for everyone. "Have more sex, get more sleep, and never let yourself feel hungry." Love you, D$